- General Information:
I was born in Pansi City, Jilin Province, People's Republic of China and I am pursuing my Ph.D. in materials science at
Caltech, United States of America. Current project I am investigating are "Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics Simulation in Polymer Science" and "Atomistic Simulation on a/2<111> Screw Dislocation in bcc Ta ".
- B.S., with honors, Materials Science and Engineering,
Tsinghua University ,
- M.E., Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1997;
- M.S., Materials Science, California Institute of Technology, 1999;
- Summer school on neutron small angle scattering and reflectometry from submicron structures (June 5-9, 2000) and summer school on methods and applications of neutron spectroscopy (June 18-22, 2001), NIST center for neutron research, National Institute of Standards and Technology ;
- Subject minor in Computer Science, California Institute of Technology, 2001.
- Guofeng Wang, A. Strachan, T. Cagin and W.A. Goddard, III, "Atomistic Simulation of Kinks for 1/2a<111> Screw Dislocation in Ta", in Advances in Materials Theory and Modeling--Bridging Over Multiple-Length and Time Scales, Eds. V. Bulatov, F. Cleri, L. Colombo, L. Lewis and N. Mousseau, (2001).
- T. Cagin, Guofeng Wang , R. Martin, G. Zamanakos, N. Vaidehi, D.T. Mainz, W. A. Goddard, III, "Multiscale modeling and simulation methods with applications to dendritic polymers", Computational & Theoretical Polymer Science, 11 (2001) 345-356.
- Guofeng Wang, A. Strachan, T. Cagin and W.A. Goddard, III, "Molecular dynamic simulations of 1/2a<111> screw dislocation in Ta", Materials Science and Engineering: A , Vol 309-310 (2001) 133-137.
- T. Cagin, Guofeng Wang, R. Martin, N. Breen and W.A. Goddard, III, "Molecular modelling of dendrimers for nanoscale applications", Nanotechnology, 11 (2000) 77-84.
- T. Cagin, P. J. Miklis, Guofeng Wang, G. Zamanakos, R. Martin, H. Li, D. T. Mainz, V. Nagarajan, and W. A. Goddard, III, "Recent Advances in
Simulation of Dendritic Polymers", in Dynamics in Small Confining Systems
V, Eds. J. M. Drake, G. S. Grest, J. Klafter, and R. Kopelman, (1999).
- Xiuyun Chen, Guofeng Wang, Tianming Gao and Haoming Chen, "The Strength and Wear Resistence of Metal Reinforced Carbon Matrix Composite", in Proceedings of The First Asia International Conference on Tribology, V2, (1998).