JIANWEI (JOHN) CHE - Ph.D., California Institute of Technology
Ph.D. University of California at San Diego, 9/93-3/97.
B.S. University of Science and Technology of China, 9/88-6/93.
Graduate Research: Theoretical calculation of quantum dynamics,
quantum control, ultrafast spectroscopy of two and three level
systems. Stochastic model of condensed phase quantum dynamics.
Adviser: Prof. Kent R. Wilson.
Thesis title: Quantum Control and Detection -- Theory to Reality, Gas Phase to Condensed Phase.
Undergraduate Research: Theory of supersonic free jet,
calculating the temperature distribution of supersonic fluid field
under nonadiabatic case. Experiment on LIF spectrum of radical.
Adviser: Prof. Xinxiao Ma.
Outstanding Student Fellowship, University of Science & Technology
of China, 1989-1993
Guo Mo-ro Scholarship, University of Science & Technology of China,
- ``Numerical study of the generalized Langevin equation, master equation and the phase-space Redfield theory: High temperature regime,'' J. Che, and J. Cao, submitted to J. Chem. Phys., 1997.
- "Optimal Pump-Dump Control," Y.J. Yan, J. Che and J. Krause,
Chem. Phys., 217, 297 (1997).
- "Quantum Control of Iodine in the Gas Phase and in the Condensed
Phase Solid Kr Matrix," C. Bardeen, J. Che, K. Wilson, V. Yakovlev,
V. Apkarian, C. Martens, R. Zadoyan, B. Kohler and M. Messina,
J. Chem. Phys., 106, 8486 (1997).
- "Quantum Control of NaI photodissociation reaction product
states by ultrafast tailored light pulses," C. Bardeen, J. Che, K.R. Wilson,
V. Yakovlev, P. Cong, B. Kohler, J. Krause and M. Messina, J. Phys. Chem. A,
101, 3815 (1997).
- "Time-Frequency Resolved Spectra in the Detection of Quantum
Control in the Strong Response Regime," W.M. Zhang, J. Che and Y.J. Yan,
J. Phys. Chem., 1996 (submitted).
- "A Classical Time-Frequency Theory of Transient Absorption
Spectroscopy," J. Che, W.M. Zhang and Y.J. Yan, J. Chem. Phys.
106, 6974, 1997.
- "Time-Frequency Theory of Pump-Probe Absorption Spectroscopy,"
Y.J. Yan, W.M. Zhang and J. Che, J. Chem. Phys., 106, 2212, 1997.
- "Semiclassical Dynamics and Quantum Control in Condensed Phases:
Application to Molecular Iodine in a Solid Argon Matrix," J. Che, M. Messina,
K. R. Wilson and Y.J. Yan, J.Phys. Chem. 100, 7873 (1996).
- "Detection and Control of Molecular Quantum Dynamics," J. Che,
J. L. Krause, M. Messina, K. R. Wilson and Y. J. Yan, J. Phys. Chem. 99,
- "Quantum Control of Wave Packet Evolution with Tailored
Femtosecond Pulses," B. Kohler, V.V. Yakovlev, J. Che, J.L. Krause, M.
Messina, K.R. Wilson, N. Schwenter, R.M. Whitnell, Y. Yan, Physical
Review Letters 74, 3360 (1995).
"Seeing into matter with X-rays and controlling its evolution
with light," C. P. J. Barty, J. Che, T. Guo, B. Kohler, C. LeBlanc, M.
Messina, F. Raksi, C. Rose-Petruck, J. A. Squier, K. R. Wilson, V. V.
Yakovlev, K. Yamakawa, Z. Jiang, A. Ikhlef, C. Y. Cote, and J. C.
Kieffer, to appear in Proceedings of
Femtochemistry: The Lausanne Conference (World Scientific, 1995).
"Controlling quantum dynamics in condensed phases:Application
to molecular Iodine in a cold Argon matrix," J. Che, M. Messina, K. R.
Wilson, and Y. J. Yan, Femtochemistry, Ultrafast Chemical and Physical
Processes in Molecular Systems, edited by Majed Chergui, page 360,
(World Scientific, 1996).
"Quantum control from the gas to condensed phase," V. A. Apkarian,
C. J. Bardeen, J. Che, B. Kohler, C. C. Martens, M. Messina, K. R. Wilson,
V. V. Yakovlev and R. Zadoyan, Ultrafast Phenomena X, edited by
J. Fujimoto, W. Zinth, P. F. Barbara and W. H. Knox (Springer-Verlag, 1996).