Thanks to all the people who have helped me through my (long) graduate career,
including the following:
Most importantly, to my parents, Drs. Nyok Kheng and Teck Kah Lim, who have
always been behind me.
- Original CMM developers: Naoki Karasawa (Chapters 3, 4, and 8), Hong-Qiang
Ding (Chapter 3).
- Collaborators: Michael Belmares (Chapters 10 and 11), Sharon Brunett
(Chapters 6, 7, and 9), Guanghua Gao (Chapter 11), Mihail Iotov, Richard
McClurg (Chapter 9), Changmoon Park, Vaidehi (Chapter 12).
- Friends and colleagues: Erik Bierwagen, Ken Brameld, Terry Coley, Alan
Mathiowetz, Rick Muller, Charles Musgrave, Adel Naylor, Jason Perry, Kevin
- Replacing me and doing a better job, too: Darryl Willick.
- Friends who kept me sane and made living in Los Angeles enjoyable: Anne
McCoy, Matt and Donna McKeever, Gigi Nickas, Richard and Tonja Dixon.
- Others who kept me going: Drs. Stern, Kelly, and Butler.
- Roommates who put up with me: Chris Gorman, Matt Fraser, Danny Koh.
- Mentors: Siddharth Dasgupta, Steve Taylor, Bill and Yvonne Goddard.
Table of Contents